Who are these strange fellows?

My photo
Manbench Industries; Purveyors of general mayhem since 1994, a blog to follow the crazed, possibly deranged projects and emotive musings, of an undergraduate engineer, and an apprentice organ builder who have always felt they were born in the wrong age. Follow us as we, re-write history, learn lost skills, discover strange new worlds, break things, rant at things, mend things, make new things and generally find ways of passing the day instead of doing "proper work" !

Monday 4 March 2013

Stirling Engine III

I took the Stirling engine home for the weekend do do a bit of work on it. I planned to make the displacer cylinder and piston, which I got done but also managed to get a few more bits done including assembly of the crankshaft support assembly.

The displacer cylinder was made from an old sump syringe that I cut in half, the base is from an old brass plate I had in the scrap box, I think it looks rather smart, the firebox will be built up under this. The displacer piston is made from some 2" diameter brass tubing I picked up at a car-boot sale. Everything is silver soldered together, which was made far easier by my new larger gas torch which I use to pile heat into the whole component, using my smaller one to focus on the specific area of the job.


The Engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment